The following utility programs are available for the download for Ashlar-Vellum CAD and 3D modeling programs on Mac and Windows.
Ashlar-Vellum Plug-ins for Spotlight on Mac
Ashlar-Vellum Graphite™ has a free plug-in available for Apple’s Spotlight, the deep-search feature found in Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and later.
Click here to learn more about the Graphite plug-in for Spotlight.
Ashlar-Vellum Share (Free Viewer)
Cobalt Share and Graphite Share are free utilities that allow those who do not own Ashlar-Vellum software to open, view, print and export Ashlar-Vellum files from their own Mac or Windows desktop.
Click here to learn more about Share.
Graphite Utilities on Mac & Windows
The following utility scripts are available for Graphite in the Download section of our Support Center. Be sure to select the correct one for the version of Graphite you’re running and the operating system you’re using.
- DrawByLayers Script causes items to draw in the order placed in the layer manager, enabling appropriate obscuring as items are printed or drawn to the screen.
- Set Arcs/Circles to Clockwise/Counter-Clockwise in Graphite. CAM software that has not been updated to DXF/DWG file exchange conventions established by Autodesk with AutoCAD R10 in October 1988 improperly import clockwise arcs and circles by mirroring them across the x or y axis or both. This script lets you force all arcs and circles in your current selection set to be either clockwise or counter-clockwise. To see the direction of an entity, select the entities and use Pen → Arrow at End. To install, download this script and place it in the scripts folder found via File → Show Path to → All Users from within Graphite, then restart Graphite and you’ll see two new commands in the utility menu. This script only works properly if the selected arcs / circles are on a plane parallel to the XY plane.
- Stretch Tool stretchs geometry in one direction when used within Graphite.
- SetLineWt Script changes the factory line weight defaults to user-specified settings.
- ReTypeArc Script optionally converts selected center-point arcs to 3-point arcs.
- FixDocument Script corrects improperly defined imported arcs and splines through the entire document.
- FixSelectedObject Script corrects improperly defined imported arcs and splines for selected objects.
- Convert Curves/Linearize Script changes Graphite arcs, splines and circles to polylines for CNC or laser cutting.