Seven designers from around the world, who use both Cobalt and SolidWorks, helped us create this 12-minute movie about why Cobalt is the best software for some projects or design approaches, while SolidWorks may be stronger for others.
In the movie we’ll examine both products as they relate to:
- Non-linear vs. linear workflow.
- Parametric history and dimensional constraints available on demand.
- Projects appropriate to each program.
- Starting in Cobalt for easy design iteration, then going to SolidWorks for required delivery.
- File translation between Cobalt and SolidWorks.
- The special ease of use of Ashlar-Vellum’s Organic Workflow™.
SolidWorks is a registered trademark of SolidWorks Corporation. There is no affiliation between SolidWorks and Vellum Investment Partners, LLC, dba Ashlar-Vellum. The information provided in the movie is for comparison purposes only.